Pace Pharmacy is the best compounding pharmacy in Toronto. We're a full service pharmacy filling all your regular prescriptions just like other drug stores! But what makes us different is we also do specialty compounding and offer premium customer service, unlike all the other drug marts out there! Communicate with us anytime via e-mail, phone, fax, or in person - we'll accommodate you!
We're the only fully equipped compounding pharmacy in downtown Toronto offering free local delivery, a selection of informational resources for customers, and a unique selection of high quality vitamins, supplements, and regular drug store items.
Come check us out in person!
Our high-tech compounding lab incudes a USP 797 compliant, ISO Class 4 environment suitable for sterile compounding. Our staff have specialized training in aseptic and non-sterile pharmaceutical compounding from PCCA and Medisca. These are just some of the reasons why many Doctors across Canada use our compounding services for their clinic and patients.
Friday, April 11, 2014
Remember our holiday hours!
Friday, April 18 - we are closed for Good Friday
Saturday, April 19 - we are closed for the Good Friday weekend
Wednesday, March 26, 2014
SPRING IS NOW!!
With the official onset of spring, it only makes sense that we're starting to think about spring-cleaning—homes and closets, sure, but also our minds and bodies.
1. Drink water. Research shows that upping your water intake helps rev up your energy and digestion— and can even help give your skin a nice glow. Recommended amount: at least the amount equivalent to half your body weight in ounces. (So, if you're 140 pounds, drink 70 ounces of water a day – or just over 2 litres per day!.)
2. Load up on greens. Raw, steamed, sauteed, chopped, shredded—no matter how you eat them, they have lots of nutrients that will help make your skin glow, rid your body of toxins, and rev up your immune system. They're loaded with fiber and phytonutrients to help your organs do their best work. My favorites include frozen spinach blended in a smoothie for breakfast, hummus and veggies wrapped in a collard greens for lunch, and kale sauteed with coconut oil and sea salt as a side dish for dinner.
3. Read ingredients. If something is fat-free or low-calorie, that doesn't necessarily mean it's going to help you lose weight. And if a food contains fat, that doesn't necessarily mean it’s going to make you gain weight. Many people believe: If you can't pronounce an ingredient, your body most likely won't be able to digest it, so focus on ingredients instead of nutrition facts. Your body will love you.
4. Sweat. You must sweat at least once a day. Choose an exercise that you love—dance, stretch class, biking, swimming—and do it just for 20 to 30 minutes per day. Sign up for a group class or pre-pay so you don’t have an excuse not to go. Pack your workout clothes with you when you go to work—or better yet, wear your workout tank under a blazer and you'll be half ready to hit the gym later on.
5. Rest. Sleep is one of the keys to a happy life—it refuels your body and brain. Your digestive system needs time to reboot, and your cells need time to regenerate. You only get one body in life, so you are as important as those late-night emails.
6. Cleanse. I’m talking about cleansing where you sleep (your bedroom), where you work (your office), where you bathe (your bathroom), and where you eat (your kitchen). A clean home, a gorgeous desk, and a kitchen stocked with good-for-you foods will help you feel and look amazing. Make your bedside table “Pinterest-worthy” (add a bud vase and place a fresh stem with a flower; keep it tidy). I bet your dreams will be more lucid and you may even get more restful, uncluttered sleep!
7. Feel your goal. Want toned arms so you can feel your best walking around this summer? Focus on the feeling of feeling fabulous, rather than the arms themselves. When you focus on how you want to feel, rather than the goal itself, it takes the pressure off and the goal so much more attainable. Write down three feelings and post it up in a place that you can see to hold you accountable.
What do you think—will you try any of these tips?
Friday, February 14, 2014
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!
We hope you have wonderful Valentine's Day, and an excellent long weekend.
Please keep in mind, we are closed all weekend for the Family Day holiday weekend. We will re-open with regular hours on Tuesday, February 18, 2014.
Monday, January 20, 2014
First of all, Happy New Year!! Just a little late, but we just finished celebrating ;)
Some people call today "Blue Monday" otherwise known as the most depressing day of the year - the Monday of the last full week of January.
The holidays have passed, bills need to be paid, the weather is cold, and the sun isn't around so much. Some people may even suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD).
A few tips from Health Canada include:
- If you are already active, try to maintain or increase your level of physical activity.
- Exercise outdoors during daylight hours.
- If indoors, exercise by a window.
- Build activity into your lifestyle, for example, by taking the stairs or public transit and walking part of the way to work.
Keep these tips in mind as we enter this cold spell. Keep an eye on your friends, family, and neighbours, and stay healthy!
Tuesday, December 10, 2013
All of us at Pace Pharmacy would like to wish you and your families a happy, healthy holiday season, and a wonderful new year.
Please take note of our holiday hours, and please plan accordingly:
Tuesday, December 24th - Closing at 5pm
Wednesday, December 25th - Closed for Christmas Day
Thursday, December 26th - Closed for Boxing Day
Tuesday, December 31st - Closing at 5pm
Wednesday, January 1st - Closed for New Years Day
See you in 2014!!!
Thursday, November 21, 2013
We're cyber-growing! Check out our new e-store affiliate:
From this website you can shop online for most of your health and beauty needs - especially products that we don't carry in store. Select Pace Pharmacy as your home store and your products will be sent directly to the store for you to pick up, free of charge!! Check it out today!
Friday, October 11, 2013
Just a reminder, we will be closed this weekend for Turkey day...I mean Thanksgiving ;)
As with all long weekends we are closed this Saturday, October 12th and the holiday Monday, October 14th.
Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!
Friday, September 28, 2013
No matter what your age, you can stay at your personal best with these expert tips:
1. Get moving
Exercise regularly to maintain a healthy body and brain.
2. Stay social
Take a class, volunteer, play games, see old friends, and make new ones.
3. Bulk up
Eat beans and other high-fiber foods for digestive and heart health.
4. Add some spice
Add herbs and spices to your meals if medications dull your taste buds.
5. Stay balanced
Practice yoga or tai chi to improve agility and prevent falls.
6. Take a hike
Brisk daily walks this September can bolster both your heart and lungs.
7. Sleep well
Talk to a sleep specialist if you don’t sleep soundly through the night.
8. Beat the blues
If you’ve been down for a while, see a doctor. Depression can be treated.
9. Don’t forget
To aid your memory, make lists, follow routines, slow down, and organize.
Thursday, August 29, 2013
Not only is it Back To School season, but the last long weekend of the summer is finally here! Enjoy it, have fun, and stay safe!
Remember we are closed on Saturday, Aug. 31st and Monday, Sept. 2nd.
Thursday, August 22, 2013
Probiotics = For Life
Bacteria is not a dirty word even though we have been taught that it is something to disinfect and get rid of. In fact, inside each of us is many trillions of bacteria, most of which live in the gut. This is about 10 times the number of cells in our body! The bacteria that grow naturally in the intestinal tract aid in the nourishment and defense not only of the digestive tract but of the whole body. The "good" bacteria are known as probiotics which actually translates to "for life". PRobiotics help our bodies recognize and defeat any harmful bacteria or pathogens we may ingest. They protect us. When there is an imbalance in your good bacteria, your gut becomes compromised and your health can become out of sync. Taking probiotics is one of many things you can do to help ensure your gut is working well.
Ask us about our high quality probiotics in store today!
Friday, August 2, 2013
It's the long weekend!!!
This is a reminder that Pace Pharmacy is closed on all long weekends. This means:
Saturday, August 3rd we are closed
Monday, August 5th we are closed
Have a safe and happy long weekend!
Wednesday, July 17, 2013
In Toronto, we are right in the middle of some extremely hot weather and an extreme heat alert:
Here Are Adam's Tips for Preventing Dehydration:
The easiest way to avoid dehydration is drink lots of water, obviously. Drink as much as 6-8 glasses a day is the typical recommendation. Most people don’t normally come close to this level. Here are some tips to help get you there:
· Rehydrate first thing in the morning: Drinking a glass of cold water first thing in the morning not only helps with rehydrating after a long sleep, it can also help to speed up your metabolism
· Have a glass of water before meals: Drinking water before meals helps with hydration and can also help prevent overeating.
· Hydrate before, during, and after exercise: Depending on the nature of exertion, start 2 hours before and then keep drinking regularly, every 20 minutes or so, during exercise as well as immediately following
· Stay hydrated while at work: Even when working indoors, it’s important to keep fluids handy.
So, stay hydrated! And look after your friends, neighbours, family, and coworkers!
Monday, June 17, 2013
The telephone issues we experienced around 3:40pm have been resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. As always, you can reach us via email (email@example.com) or tweet us @pacepharmacy
Thanks for understanding.
Sunday, June 16, 2013
Happy Father's Day to all the dads, and dads-to-be!
We hope you celebrate in a way that makes you happy.
Thursday, May 16, 2013
It's that time of year again! That's right, the Victoria Day long weekend is upon us. As with all long weekends, we will be closed so that we may also enjoy this wonderful time of year :)
Saturday, May 18th we will be closed
Monday, May 20th we will be closed.
We reopen with regular hours on Tuesday, May 21st.
We hope you and yours have a safe and enjoyable long weekend! Remember, if you're heading up north, the bugs are out and it's important to protect yourselves. Here's some information on Insect Bites for you to educate yourself.
Tuesday, April 16, 2013
Ever wondered "What are omega-3 fats?"
There are two groups of fats that our bodies can’t make, omega-6’s and omega-3’s. These two groups have very different properties. Most omega-6 fats promote inflammation, while omega-3’s decrease it. For that reason, taking more omega-3’s might help prevent or treat health problems that are associated with inflammation. Some examples of these include heart disease, diabetes, asthma, chronic infections, chronic lung disease, cancer, and autoimmune diseases, such as lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. The American Heart Association recommends omega-3’s at high doses for treatment of high triglycerides.
Our ancestors probably ate close to the same amounts of omega-3’s and omega-6’s, but now people average about 25 times more omega 6’s than omega 3’s. Fast foods, partially hydrogenated fats, most meats, and dairy products can all contribute to increased inflammation in the body.
We carry a wide selection of Omega-3 supplements. Come in today and get yours!
We carry a wide selection of Omega-3 supplements. Come in today and get yours!
Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Here's to wishing you a safe and happy long weekend. Whatever you celebrate, we hope you enjoy your time off. We know we will ;)
We will be closed on Friday, March 29 and Saturday, March 30 for the Good Friday/Easter long weekend. Please plan ahead.
All the best,
Tuesday, March 5, 2013
Today I was talking with someone and he mentioned he was feeling slightly dizzy. After a discussion to gather some more information and rule out possible causes, I determined that he was slightly dehydrated. This leads me to my Tip Of The Day:
Water is excellent for the body and good health. Water helps flush out toxins and other unwanted things lingering in the body. Water also replenishes fluids that help lubricate the internal body, keeps you hydrated, reduces hunger, which helps with weight loss, and helps to make skin look smooth and young. If you are not used to drinking water, it may seem hard at first, but very quickly, you will enjoy the clean, refreshed way it makes you feel. At a minimum, you should drink 64 ounces (8- 8 ounce glasses) a day or more if you can, especially if you participate in an exercise program. If all that didn't convince you, just remember that too little water can cause dehydration.
- Adam, RPh
Monday, February 11, 2013
Don't forget about Valentine's Day!! Now is the time to to come in and grab your Valentine that special card he/she deserves!
Also, with the long Family Day weekend coming up, please consider our store hours. As with all long weekends, we will be closed on the Saturday and the actual holiday. That means:
Saturday, February 16 = Closed
Monday, February 18 = Closed
Enjoy your long weekend and we hope you have recovered from the snow storm from last Friday.
Thursday, January 17, 2013
Flu season is in full effect. Remember to take care of yourself to help prevent getting sick. Things you can do include:
- get plenty of rest
- wash your hands...then wash them again
- avoid touching your face
- drink plenty of fluids
- take your vitamins!
If you do get sick, remember to take precautions to minimize the risk of infecting people you come in contact with - including family members, friends, and co-workers. Talk to Pace Pharmacy staff for more tips on staying healthy and feeling better.
Tuesday, January 1st, 2013
Pace Pharmacy would like to wish you and yours a very happy and healthy new year! All the best in 2013!
Saturday, December 8, 2012
It's that time of year again! With the holiday season(s) upon us, it's time to be thinking about all those people you have get gifts for and show your appreciation. To help you with that, we have put ALL SIGG PRODUCTS ON SALE for the entire month of December. Get 20% off any SIGG product purchased this month (in stock only). This includes all bottles, mugs, caps, sleeves, etc!! These are perfect stocking stuffers or even a great gift for 1 night of Hanukkah!
Keep in mind our holiday schedule is as follows:
Tuesday, December 25 = CLOSED
Wednesday, December 26 = CLOSED
Saturday, December 29 = CLOSED
Tuesday, January 1st = CLOSED
Have a safe and happy holiday season, from all of us at Pace Pharmacy!
Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Monday, October 1, 2012
Can you believe it's already October 1st? Well, I can't.
That means next week is already Thanksgiving and another long weekend for us :) So, please take note of these hours for the holiday weekend:
Saturday, October 6th Closed
Monday, October 8th Closed
Tuesday, September 25, 2012
Fall or autumn is barely underway and I'm seeing lots of people with signs and symptoms of the common cold. It's not even officially flu season yet but with the fluctuating temperatures, it is important to start taking precautions to help prevent yourself from getting sick.
Hand washing. Hand washing. Hand washing. I can't stress it enough. Especially before eating or touching your face.
Also, you may want to consider taking something that will help stimulate your immune system if you feel like you might be coming down with a cold. Cold FX, echinacea, vitamin C, and zinc are just a few suggestions. Feel free to talk to me about these when you visit.
Thursday, August 30, 2012
Please remember we will be closed for the Labour Day long weekend. That means:
Saturday, September 1, 2012 - Closed
Monday, September 3, 2012 - Closed
We are back on Tuesday, September 4th with regular hours.
Have a safe and happy long weekend! And to those who are going back to school...enjoy your last weekend of freedom :)
Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Can you belive it's already nearing the end of August? Anyone else notice how the days are already getting shorter? At this time or year, many people suffer from allergies. Even those people who have never had allergies in previous years, may begin experiencing allergy symptoms later in life!
Ragweed blooms in mid-August (or about last week!). Millions of allergy sufferers notice increased sneezing and wheezing, according to the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (AAAI).
Here's some Ragweed facts for you:
Symptoms of "Hay Fever"
Here are Adam's tips for allergy sufferers to help reduce their exposure to ragweed:
Also, if you choose to take allergy medication to manage your symptoms, speak with your pharmacist to get some tips on the best way and time to take your medication.
Thursday, July 19, 2012
We hope you have been staying cool over these past couple weeks. The heat is definitely here and seems like it's here to stay. Remember to avoid dehydration by drinking lots of fluids on those scorching hot days! Here's some information on Healthy Hydration.
On another note, we have a SPECIAL NOTICE REGARDING STORE HOURS THIS WEEKEND:
Saturday, July 21st, the store will be open from 1pm to 5pm.
We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause. Remember you can always email or call and leave a voicemail after hours.
Oops!!! I accidentally lost all previous blog posts :(
I'm very sorry, but we'll keep updating and grow the blog from scratch once again!!
Pace Pharmacy is accreditated by the Ontario College of Pharmacists (#302094). The designated manager is A. Silvertown, RPh, BScPhm, BSc.
We do not sell prescription medications without a prescription written by a Canadian medical doctor. We do not ship anything outside of Canada.
Kefir is a fermented milk drink that enhances digestion and restores intestinal flora. Made from the whole milk of cows, sheep, or goats, kefir is tantalizingly tangy. Flavor it with fruit or sweeten it with honey. But read kefir labels carefully—kefir must contain live, active cultures to be nutritionally beneficial.